The NZ Prosthetic Eye Service supports a
team approach to treating and counselling
people who wear prosthetic eyes. This is the best way to achieve
the highest standards of service.
We offer you:
1. Evidence-based professional care.
2. Accessible locations in established eye centres with on-site access to other eye health professionals.
3. Fees that are mostly fully subsidised by the MOH, ACC or by local DHBs.
4. Excellent custom-made prosthetic eyes individually made and fitted to match your natural eye.
5. Personal care by New Zealand’s most experienced and qualified ocular prosthetist.
Please use our website to obtain the latest advice about prosthetic eyes and their care. Our ocular prosthetist,
Dr Keith Pine is a published author on prosthetic eyes and is a Research Fellow with the Department of Optometry and Vision Science at the University of Auckland.
Our free PDFs and videos are designed to help you understand more about prosthetic eyes.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need clarification of any content on this website. We will help you in any way that we can.